This recipe is one of the first that I perfected for an easy yummy dinner. As you can see there are just the basics here for making a good burger. The part that makes this awesome is what's IN the burger. :)
1 lb ground beef 90/10
1/2 sweet yellow onion (shredded)
5 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tbsp worshestersire sauce
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
5 saltine crackers (crumbled)
salt and pepper to taste
Shred the onion using a grater in a bowl that will be large enough to hold all of the ingredients. Mince the garlic into the bowl then add the ground beef. Add the rest of the ingredients and combine gently. I do this part by hand and then make the patties. Make 4 patties out of the mixture and press the center of the patties down a bit more than the edges. This prevents the middle of the burger from rising up too much.
Cook the burgers to your liking, on a BBQ or in a skillet coated in extra virgin olive oil. With your hamburger buns, add them to the BBQ (not directly to flames) for about 4 minutes to toast or in a 375 degree oven for 5-7 minutes.
Get together your favorite ingredients to pile your hamburger with. I personally love to use an extra sharp cheddar cheese and add the slices to the burgers during the last minute or two of cooking. In these pictures I had a superb heirloom tomato for these too. SO GOOD!
Don't forget your vino and enjoy your dinner. :)
P.S. I am making this for dinner tonight, but I am going to try my hand at making homemade french fries to have with these delicious hamburgers. Wish me luck!



Hello Nichole
ReplyDeleteThat's one delicious burger you've made there! I like everything that's 'IN' it. Thanks for visiting my blog.. It looks like you are off to a good start here..best of luck!
Hey thanks! I really appreciate the support. I love your blog you have amazing recipes on there!
ReplyDeleteCheers!